Orthema CAD/CAM Orthotics
We are Brisbane's leading provider of custom orthotics with over 100,000 happy customers. my FootDr™ podiatry centres have supplied orthotics to members of the Brisbane Heat, Queensland Bulls, AIS, the Australian Cricket team and many more.
CAD/CAM orthotics stands for Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufactured orthotics. This means that there is no need for a conventional messy plaster cast to make your orthotics. Instead our hi-tech Orthema™ digitizer records the exact contours of your foot whilst being held in its corrected standing position by your experienced podiatrist.
This information is then processed by our onsite Orthema computer and after any necessary adjustments are made to your prescription, the Orthema milling machine carves out your custom Orthema™ orthotics while you wait. Each Orthema orthotic is made by the onsite computer from a soft, supportive E.V.A. rubber according to the exact contours and structural characteristics of your feet.
How Orthema™ CAD/CAM orthotics help ?
- Support your feet and legs whenever weight bearing to increase confidence and sports performance.
- Improve chronic and acute sports injuries.
- Improve weight distribution and posture.
- Optimize shoe fit and comfort and absorb shock.
- Alter abnormal foot functioning position to correct many common foot ailments or prevent them from getting worse.
- Help your child's foot grow in more neutral or anatomicaly aligned position.
- Eliminates low back pain from leg length inequalities.
- Improve your balance
Your foot is held in its most optimal functioning position and the 512 sensors are then locked into place. This creates an exact likeness of your foot in its corrected position. The computer measures the pin heights to an accurancy of 0.1 mm. If any software adjustments are necessary, such as adding a heel raise for a short leg, your highly skilled my FootDr™ podiatrist will display this on a high definition
computer monitor so you can see your Orthema™ CAD/CAM orthotics before they are manufactured. The scans are then sent to the on-site Orthema™ CAD/CAM laboratory where your orthotics are milled out while you wait.
- No messy plaster casts required
- Precision foot scans are stored on our on-site computer system for future reference or to fit additional pairs at a significants reduced cost.
- Soft full length Orthema™ CAD/CAM orthotics are more comfortable than hard plastic half length orthotics.
- Soft leather or padded covers available .
- Our orthotics fit any shoe type from athletic to dress shoes to football or works boots - even ballet slippers.
- Same day (1 hour) turn-around time if you require orthoses "on the run".
- Our orthotics require little or no wearing-in period so you can feel the benefits of our soft orthotics immediately.
- Our orthotics are less expensive then conventional hard plastic orthotics made from a plaster cast.
We are the Brisbane Orthotics specialists.