Don’t miss the ‘chance’ to get the kids active before heading back to school!
It’s back to school time, meaning our little ones will be back to learning, homework and sitting down for long periods of the day. Having to learn and remember a large amount of material each day can be very draining for kids, so make sure you give them a brain-break with exercise and energy busting activities! Getting your kids moving not only has many health benefits but can also help them at school with:
- Better focus and concentration
- Being able to better manage stress
- Social skill development
- Improved self-esteem
- Healthy growth and development
- Read more benefits in My FootDr’s Top Five Tips To Start This School Year On The Right Foot
Kids on the move has created this convenient and effective energy-burning workout: All you need is a deck of cards!
- Deck of cards
- A piece of paper and pen (optional)
How to play
- Choose four different active exercises that you feel your kids can safely and confidently perform.
- Assign each exercise to a suit. Write down each suit to its assigned exercise.
- Shuffle the cards and place them in a draw pile, face down.
- Every player picks a card and performs the exercise corresponding to the suit and performs the exercise the same amount of times as the number on the card (Jack = 10, Queen = 11, King = 12, Ace = 13).
- Continue choosing cards until the whole deck is used (or you get too tired).
Have fun assigning different exercises to the suits!