If you’ve noticed white or yellow spotting or streaking on your toenail and are worried you’ve picked up a fungal nail infection – you’re not alone!
Signs that you may have nail fungus include:
- A white or yellow discolouration or streaking of the nails
- Rougher nail ridges or thickened nails
- Crumbling, flaky or brittle nails
- The nail may start to lift up and come away at the end
MyFootDr Camp Hill is now providing on-the-spot testing; returning accurate and clear results within 5 minutes, allowing your practitioner to immediately diagnose and treat infections without delay.
Dermatophyte Test Strip (DTS)
- Simple, fast and effective – test in the chair during your consultation!
- Not waiting for the laboratory to return the results
- 97% accurate, detects 99% of all common dermatophytes
- Results unaffected by topical or oral anti-fungal treatments
How do we treat fungal nail infections?
Once confirmed via DTS your clinician will tailor a treatment plan for you. We no longer recommend the use of creams, lacquers or sprays on their own because of the poor results from both clinical studies and our experience. Instead, we use two different types of lasers to safely and effectively help treat fungal nail infections – with minimal hassle for you.
We have both hot and cold lasers available at different clinics, and your podiatrist will recommend the best treatment option for you based on your symptoms and severity.
For more information visit our Fungal Nail Infection Laser Treatment Page here https://www.myfootdr.com.au/our-services/fungal-nail-laser-treatment/