Your position, alignment and lower limb function on your bike can greatly impact your performance – or boost it. At my FootDr, our cycling assessment ethos is by cyclists for cyclists, so you will only be seen by a road cyclist and Senior Podiatrist that knows your sport. Cycling isn’t just a sport that involves a lot of repetitive strain, it is a culture and a way of life. That’s why you can’t afford to be off the bike! If you are an up and coming rider looking for a competitive edge, or more of a coffee shop rider looking for ultimate comfort and injury prevention, we’d love to help.
One way we do this is through the Cobra9 cycling orthotics. These are specialised carbon cycling orthotics that are made here in Australia. They are created in a very specific shape specifically for cyclists and are designed by elite cyclists who are also sports podiatrists!
Benefits of Cobra9 Orthotics
- Increased power and torque in the push phase
- Relieves plantar fascial tension
- More even force distribution
- Improves shoe comfort and fit, supporting all three arches of the foot
- Extremely light, thin and durable carbon fibre construction, custom made for your shoe and foot mechanics
- Can treat forefoot pain, burning and numbness
- Helps with crank rub and knee positioning
- Improves overall cycling performance
Cobra9 Approved Dealer
My FootDr podiatry centres are an accredited Cobra9 partner and we specialise in fitting these high-quality, performance-enhancing orthotics. As the Cobra9 Pro orthotic devices are fully custom made, they may qualify for health insurance rebates and in many cases, our patients have only a small out-of-pocket expense. Ian Goodchild, Senior Podiatrist and experienced road cyclist at the Australian Foot & Ankle Institute at our Camp Hill podiatry centre heads up a team of sports podiatrists specifically trained in fitting Cobra9 carbon cycling orthotics.