Your personal information will not be shared or disclosed to any party other than what is outlined in this Policy, nor will it be used for any other purpose than what it was originally intended.
What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
My FootDr (Aust) Limited collects a range of personal information about their patient, clients and prospective clientele that may include the following:
- Date of birth
- Mailing and street address
- Email address
- Contact numbers
- Health fund details
- Medicare card number
- Medical history
- Occupation and employer
- Lifestyle and hobbies
- Bank and credit card details
- Details of products you have purchased both online and in person from our clinics; and
- Any information that relates to you, that you provide to us directly through our website, email, written letters and phone conversations.
We collect your personal information directly from you through the following methods:
- New patient form
- Purchase over-the-counter or online products
- Online enquiry through our website
- Enquiry or complaint
- Incoming call list; and
- Enter a competition
We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
- Third party government agencies (like the Department of Veteran Affairs and Medicare)
- Private health insurers
- Solicitors, lawyers and worker’s compensation companies; and
- Medical professionals (such as general practitioners, allied health professionals, specialists etc).
Collecting, Keeping, Using and Disclosing Your Information
We collect personal information that is necessary to provide you with the best possible health care, as well as to maintain a high level of quality customer service. Further purposes for us in collecting personal information include:
- Administrative purpose in running our clinics
- Billing purposes
- Accreditation and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management
- Direct Marketing purposes, mail and email reminders
- For the purposes of research and statistical analysis. only where de-identified information is used
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements
- Sending communication to you about our products and services
- Advise you if a clinic will be closing, merging or relocating
- Contact you in the event we have received a special order
- Update your records and keep your contact details current
The My FootDr (Aust) Limited may use personal information for the following purposes;
- For use by a multidiscipline treating team
- Provide patient and clients with products and services
- Respond to enquiries and online orders
- To improve our products and services
- Develop and improve our website
- Direct marketing purposes, mail and email reminders
- Remind patients of upcoming appointments in the form of phone call, SMS or email
- Advise of upcoming promotions, specials and sales
- Advise clients and prospective clientele of meetings
- Inform a patient or client they have won a competition
- To disclose to others involved in your health care, including health care providers outside the My FootDr (Aust) Limited.
- To transfer your records on the sale of a clinic at which you have been treated
- Respond to complaints and compliments you have made
We also outsource some of our services. This may involve us sharing your personal information with third parties. For example, we outsource the conduct of our patient reminders to a third-party provider.
We do not sell, trade, or rent personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information, or de-identified health records, not linked to any personal information, with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above, or to use for research purposes.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We take appropriate security measures to keep your personal information protected, managed confidentially and securely and destroyed appropriately when no longer required. We will monitor and implement appropriate technical advances or management processes to safeguard personal information.
A confidentiality agreement is entered into by all employees, contractors and agents at the time of their employment or engagement with us protecting the privacy of individuals. Where we outsource our services, we take reasonable steps in these circumstances to ensure that third parties have obligations under their contracts with My FootDr (Aust) Limited to comply with all laws relating to the privacy (including security) and confidentiality of your personal information.
We view unauthorised disclosure of your personal information as a serious breach of misconduct by our employees, contractors and agents. If the disclosure of personal information is breached disciplinary or legal action will be taken.
We endeavour to keep your information relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. When you arrive for an appointment the receptionist at your clinic may request confirmation that your details have not changed. If you require your personal information to be updated, please contact your clinic.
Patients and clients can request to have copies of their personal information, clinical notes, images and reports sent to them or a third party by contacting one of our centres to obtain a Release of Personal Information Consent Form. Your personal information will not be released unless a consent form has been signed, received and processed by the privacy. We will only disclose personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act. This means that personal information may be disclosed:
- For the purposes and uses for which we have advised that we are collecting it, and for related purposes that you would reasonably expect
- Where we have the consent by you to do so
- As required by law, or
- Under other circumstances where permitted under the Act.
We do not disclose or store your personal information to recipients located overseas
Complaints regarding a breach of your privacy
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, you can communicate your concerns in writing on the contact details provided below. Your complaint will be investigated, and you will receive a written response to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response you may lodge a privacy complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions or comments about the management of your personal information, would like to correct your personal information, wish to opt out of receiving information from us or wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Privacy Act, we can be contacted through:
My FootDr (Aust) Limited
PO Box 336
Wilston QLD 4051
T: (07) 3180 4900