Foot orthoses are shoe inserts designed to support the natural shape of the foot, align the ankle and improve posture and foot function in general. Commonly referred to as “orthotics”, they are most effective when designed for each person’s individual foot contours and biomechanics.
my FootDr podiatry centres, we use a variety of different custom foot orthotics, all prescribed using advanced computer aided methods. This allows us to fine tune and manufacture your custom foot orthotic prescription with computer aided precision and repeatability. This means that there is no need for a conventional messy and inaccurate plaster cast to make your orthotics. Instead we record the exact contours of your foot whilst it is being held in its corrected standing position by your experienced my FootDr podiatrist. It also means your orthotics can typically be made within an hour at most of our podiatry centres.
my FootDr are Australia’s leading provider of custom foot orthotics with over 150,000 happy customers and we have prescribed and fitted orthotics to members of the Australian Cricket Team, Brisbane Heat, Queensland Bulls, visiting international cricket teams, AIS, Redcliffe Dolphins and many more first class athletes from around the world.
How do custom foot orthotics help?
- Support your feet and legs whenever weight bearing to increase confidence and sports performance.
- Improve chronic and acute sports injuries.
- Improve weight distribution and posture.
- Optimise shoe fit and comfort and absorb shock.
- Alter abnormal foot functioning position to correct many common foot ailments or prevent them from getting worse.
- Help your child’s foot grow in more neutral or anatomically aligned position.
- Eliminates low back pain from leg length inequalities.
- Improve your balance.
Your foot is held in its most optimal functioning position and the 512 sensors are then locked into place. This creates an exact likeness of your foot in its corrected position. The computer measures the pin heights to an accuracy of 0.1 mm. If any software adjustments are necessary, such as adding a heel raise for a short leg, your highly skilled my FootDr podiatrist will display this on a high definition computer monitor so you can see your Orthema CAD/CAM orthotics before they are manufactured. The scans are then sent to the on-site Orthema CAD/CAM laboratory where your orthotics are milled out while you wait.
- No messy plaster casts required
- Precision foot scans are stored on our on-site computer system for future reference or to fit additional pairs at a significantly reduced cost.
- Soft full length foot orthotics are more comfortable than hard plastic half length orthotics.
- Soft leather or padded covers available.
- Our orthotics fit any shoe type from athletic to dress shoes to football or works boots – even ballet slippers.
- Same day (one hour) turn-around time if you require orthotics “on the run”, available at many of our clinics.
- Our orthotics require little or no wearing-in period so you can feel the benefits of our soft orthotics immediately.