We are now able to create nails that look clear, healthy and natural in one appointment using cosmetic nail restoration.
This treatment may be ideal if you:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your nails due to discolouration, a moth-eaten appearance, a fungal nail appearance or other changes to the appearance of the nail
- Have completed your antifungal laser treatment and are waiting for your nails to grow out
- Want to improve the appearance of your toenails and would like the service completed by experienced, board-registered health professionals that follow strict sterilisation and hygiene protocols
What Is Cosmetic Nail Restoration?
Cosmetic nail restoration transforms the current appearance of your nails, however damaged or distorted, to look healthy, clear and natural. It’s an aesthetic transformation of your toenails that creates a realistic-looking nail for an immediate visual improvement. This allows you to show off your feet, instead of hiding them in closed shoes. This is a game-changer for those that feel embarrassed about the appearance of their toes.
How To Restore Damaged Nails
A patented resin creates a flexible, non-porous nail that performs like a regular nail. Much like a dental implant, the resin works together with a bonding agent and a hardening light. The steps of this treatment involve:
- First preparing the nail by giving it a good base to apply the new nail over
- Brushing the bonding agent to the nail
- Using a resin to build up the nail, sculpting and contouring the nail for optimal appearance
- Applying the sealant
- Using ultraviolet light to harden the new nail within 2 minutes
- You are then free to apply nail polish, continue with all your regular activities, and enjoy your new nails!
What Is The Best Nail Restorer?
My FootDr is proud to offer KeryFlex, a safe cosmetic nail application that restores the appearance of your nails in one appointment. We love it – and so do our patients. The KeryFlex nail is durable and unaffected by acetone, nail polishes or detergents. This means you are able to paint your nails and remove polish after your appointment. KeryFlex is available in three colours: Natural, Opaque and Pastel.
What Are The Benefits Of Keryflex?
- Your new nail is extremely strong, yet elastic, so it adjusts well to the rolling motion of your feet when you walk
- The nail is breathable, allowing your true nail to grow beneath the artificial nail without any adverse effects
- KeryFlex has antifungal properties
- Your new nail looks and feels natural
- Immediate cosmetic enhancement – the cosmetic benefits are seen and completed in one appointment
- Your new nail is insoluble to water, acetone, nail polishes or detergents
- Completed by board-registered podiatrists with strict hygiene and sterilisation protocols
Cosmetic Nail Restoration FAQ’s
How to restore nails after fungus treatment?
KeryFlex can be used after your antifungal treatment for toenails infected by nail fungus. After you have finished with your laser antifungal treatment, your podiatrist can carry out the cosmetic nail restoration, leaving your nails looking instantly healthy and clear. As your nails grow, the KeryFlex nail provides an environment free of fungus, and does not damage the nail beneath, instead allowing it to breathe.
How long does KeryFlex last?
While it varies from person to person, the KeryFlex nail should have you looking great for between 6-8 weeks before more resin should be applied. The nail detaching from the natural nail is very rare – only occurring in instances where the nail is repetitively and forcefully damaged like if the nail is hit hard against the end of the shoe during running.
Does KeryFlex work?
Yes, KeryFlex nails are an effective solution for damaged nails that have a poor appearance, nails damaged by fungus, and the like. What KeryFlex does not do is cure fungal infections – but it does create a good fungus-free environment for nails that have had separate anti-fungal treatment to grow.
What’s the difference between KeryFlex nails and acrylic nails?
KeryFlex nails are superior to acrylics because of their properties. Acrylics are rigid, are not breathable, use strong chemicals for application, and often cause damage to the underlying nail. This is the opposite of KeryFlex nails, which are designed to promote foot health.
Can I have KeryFlex if I don’t have a nail on a toe?
As KeryFlex binds to nail not skin, there does need to be some natural nail present for binding – at least 15%.