Telehealth uses video conferencing software readily available on your computer or phone to have an online consultation with your podiatrist from the comfort of your own home.
What technology do I need for a telehealth appointment?
- You will need to have access to a device that has a camera and microphone
- Ideally, you would use a laptop or PC for your appointment, but a tablet, iPad or smartphone will also work.
- We recommend you use Google Chrome to open the link to your telehealth appointment
- We are using Microsoft Teams as our telehealth platform
- If you are using an iOS device, they will need to download the Teams App (free from the App store).
- If you are using an Android device, Teams can be opened in a browser.
- Do a speed test – you need at least 20Mbps of upload and download connectivity to hold a reasonable connection. Visit www.speedtest.net to check.