At My FootDr, we’re focused on the well-being of every person who steps through our clinic doors. This includes the health and safety of our local communities, which is you, our patients, as well as our team members. As healthcare providers, our clinics are open but some restrictions are in place in different states and territories.
COVID-19 Update: (December 2021)
Victoria – We please ask that you wear a mask when visiting the clinic as per the requirements from the Victorian Government. Visit the VIC Health website for more information.
Read more from VIC government – mfdr.me/vic-covid-update
NSW – We ask that you please wear a mask when you are visiting any of our clinic locations in NSW and check in using the Service NSW app.
Read more from NSW Health – https://mfdr.me/NSW-COVID-update
Northern Territory – We ask that you please check in using The Territory Check-In App when you are visiting any of our clinic locations in NT.
Read more from Northern Territory Health – https://mfdr.me/NT-COVID-update
Queensland – We ask that you please wear a mask at all times when in the clinic and check in using the Check In QLD app.
Read the latest advice from Queensland Health – https://mfdr.me/QLD-COVID-update
South Australia – We ask that you please check in upon arrival using the SAfe covid app.
Read the latest advice from SA Health – https://mfdr.me/SA-COVID-update
Western Australia – We ask that you please checkin using the SafeWA app when you are visiting any of our clinic locations in WA.
Read the latest advice from WA Health – https://mfdr.me/WA-COVID-update
We are also able to perform telehealth consultations if required. Before attending your next appointment, please complete the following questionnaire to ensure that you are adhering to current government protocols.
COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire
- Are you feeling unwell with symptoms such as fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you had close contact* with someone who has a confirmed case of coronavirus (COVID-19)? *Face-to-face contact, or have shared an enclosed space.
- Have you travelled overseas in the last 14 days?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we recommend that you:
- Reschedule your appointment for as soon as possible after the 14-day exclusion
- Self-isolate at home for 14 days (as per the government protocols) after any international travel or if you have had close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 while infectious.
- Please call your GP if you develop any respiratory symptoms or fever.
➕ We want to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, are regularly updating our internal policy and processes according to any daily mandates and recommendations from the government and the Department of Health.
➕ We are asking patients to let us know if they are showing signs or symptoms of the Coronavirus. Should this be the case we are rescheduling appointments and requesting clearance by their GP or evidence of a returned a negative test.
➕ We have made hand sanitisers and hand-washing facilities available to all our team members and patients within the clinic. We are following best guidelines from the Department of Health for cleaning our clinic facilities, waiting areas and equipment.
➕ Where possible clinics are being re-arranged to ensure there is less close contact between patients, and as able we are moving our patients quickly through and away from the common areas. This includes implementing the current social distancing guidelines (2m apart, 1 person per 4m squared inside).
Other ways you can help us, help you.
Steps you can take:
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser if you don’t have access to wash hands with soap and water
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow
- Call your GP first if you need medical attention. They will advise you what to do
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep
- If you have flu like symptoms or you are presenting as unwell, please call our clinic where our reception team will assist you to reschedule your appointment.
- Practice social distancing and avoid touching, shaking hands, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact with others
- We ask that only the individual being treated attend the clinic. In the interests of health and safety for all we are attempting to minimise the number of people in the waiting room at any given time.
Some extra items to now bring along to your appointment:
- Pen (if you would prefer not to use the pens at our reception desk)
- Water bottle
We appreciate that it is a challenging time for all and that some of these measures may create some disruption to your treatment. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure that we can continue to deliver a safe and reassuring service to all of our valued patients.