Do you have private health insurance? With a large number of private health funds having a deadline of December 31st 2022 for their customers to use the podiatry services that they pay a premium for, you now have just three months to take advantage of these benefits. This includes claiming your orthotics rebate on a new or second pair of custom foot orthotics so you can get them with no gap*.
Never had a pair of orthotics before?
If you’ve never previously had a pair of orthotics – or seen a podiatrist before – orthotics are prescription medical devices that help improve the function of your feet and legs. They help you walk with improved comfort, reduced pain, greater stability and better energy efficiency – meaning less muscle fatigue and overuse.
During your first appointment, we’ll get to know your history, the problems or pains you’re experiencing, your goals, and whether orthotics are right for you. From there, if you are likely to benefit from orthotic therapy, we’ll complete your orthotic assessment and 3D scans, after which you’ll be eligible for no gap* assessments for subsequent pairs.
If you’re unsure if orthotics are right for you, read all about:
- Our custom foot orthotics
- How orthotics really work
- How our orthotics at My FootDr are different from the others you’ve had in the past
Which other podiatry services can you use your private health fund rebate for?
If you don’t need orthotics, you can still make the most of your health fund rebates for a number of our other services listed below.
- Structural deformities, including bunions, hammertoes, painful flat foot and high arch deformity,
- and bone spurs
- Heel and arch pain
- Nerve entrapments
- Degeneration and arthritic changes in the joints of the foot and ankle
- Skin and nail conditions, like ingrown toenails, corns, warts, cracked heels and calluses
- Congenital (birth) deformities
- Trauma-related injuries, including fractures, dislocations, muscle strains and tears
- Moon boots and splints
Your level of cover is dependent on your particular private health insurance policy, so to be certain of your exact rebate amount, give your insurer a call.
Don’t forget about your physiotherapy benefits!
If you’re covered for extras that include podiatry, you may also be covered for a rebate for physiotherapy services which may also expire soon. See your local Allsports Physiotherapy clinic for Australia’s leading physio care.
Claiming your new pair of orthotics is simple, just follow these basic steps:
- Call your My FootDr clinic and ask for a NO GAP* orthotic assessment (see terms and conditions below to see if you qualify).
- We’ll perform a full biomechanical assessment and 3D foot scan of your feet.
- Our qualified Podiatrists will assess you and take some specific biomechanical measurements and 3D laser scans of your feet during your biomechanical examination and gait analysis. This process will take approximately 20 minutes and allows us to determine your orthotic prescription.
- We design and manufacture your custom-made orthotics.
- Your Podiatrist will fill in your custom orthotic prescription form and send to our orthotic laboratory, along with your 3D laser foot scans. Your orthotics will either be precision-milled or 3D printed, depending on what material has been prescribed to be best for your feet.
- Your new orthotics are fitted to your feet and footwear.
- Your custom-made orthotics will be fitted to your shoes in as little as 7-10 days following your prescription.
- Your podiatry benefits do not roll over at the end of your one-year period, whether that be following the calendar year or the financial year. If you don’t use it before it expires, you will lose it.
- Prevention is better than a cure – preventative podiatry means knowing your risks and managing them before they manifest into pain, as well as addressing any niggles and aches before they worsen
- Annual foot checks are recommended to help nip any problems in the bud – so make sure your family gets in for their annual foot checks, especially if you already have podiatry cover from your private health insurer
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions Applies to all custom-made foot orthotics, including 3D printed option. Offer valid for existing orthotic patients only. Consultation and other fees excluded. Any other offers on appointments, assessments and orthotics are subject to patient’s health fund policy, annual limits, policy rules, the patient having the appropriate level of extras cover and health fund rebate processing through HICAPS at the time of the appointment. As such minimum accepted health fund rebates may apply to items listed above – ask your clinic for further details. Prices may be subject to change annually. Please contact your local clinic to find out more.