At My FootDr we want to help you have healthy feet and better hikes. Our podiatrists have compared the most popular men’s, women’s and children’s hiking boots to help you find your perfect fit. Download our FREE eBook!
About our Hiking Boot Review
For you to enjoy your hikes you need to wear the right hiking boots for your feet. Selecting the right hiking boots can help to ensure you’re not only comfortable but to reduce the risk of developing or exacerbating injuries.
At My FootDr, we want to help prevent all those frustrating problems and injuries people experience with incorrect fitting or unsuitable hiking boots. To help you find the right boot for your feet we have compared the most popular podiatry approved hiking boot styles from leading brands including Keen, Merrell, Columbia and Salomon to help you decide on what’s the best fit for you.
How to ensure your hiking boots are correctly fitted:
- Try on the boots prior to purchasing them to ensure comfort
- Take your foot orthotics with you when trying on your boots as they may affect fit and comfort
- Make sure you walk around in the boots for at least five minutes to ensure no pain or discomfort
- Try on the boots with the socks that you typically wear for your hiking
- Make sure there is one thumb width from the longest toe when standing
- Shop for your hiking boots at the end of the day to allow the boots to accommodate for swelling
- Make sure that the boots only bend at the toe area and not through the middle of the shoe
- Make sure there is a firm heel counter (test by squeezing the back of the heel)
If you have any questions about your hiking boots or need help deciding on the right fit, get in touch with your local My FootDr podiatry clinic.