Foot orthoses are shoe inserts designed to support the natural shape of the foot, align the ankle and improve posture and foot function in general. Commonly referred to as “orthotics”, they are most effective when designed for each person’s individual foot contours and biomechanics.
At My FootDr, we use the latest technology to design and produce our custom foot orthotics.
Our podiatrists prescribe your orthotics using advanced computer-aided methods. This allows us to fine-tune and manufacture your custom foot orthotic prescription with computer-aided precision and repeatability. This means that there is no need for a conventional messy and inaccurate plaster cast to make your orthotics. Instead, we record the exact contours of your foot whilst it is being held in its corrected standing position by your experienced my FootDr podiatrist. It also means your orthotics can typically be made within an hour at most of our podiatry centres.
How do custom foot orthotics help?
Custom foot orthotics are prescribed to help alleviate and prevent foot, ankle, and knee pain, and improve your balance and foot function in general.
Benefits of custom foot orthotics include:
- Support your feet and legs whenever weight bearing to increase confidence and sports performance.
- Improve chronic and acute sports injuries.
- Improve weight distribution and posture.
- Optimise shoe fit and comfort and absorb shock.
- Alter abnormal foot functioning position to correct many common foot ailments or prevent them from getting worse.
- Help your child’s foot grow in more neutral or anatomically aligned position.
- Eliminates low back pain from leg length inequalities.
- Improve your balance.
From children, mums and dads to professional sports athletes, My FootDr has helped support many happy feet across the country and is proudly the leading provider of custom foot orthotics in Australia.
How we make our orthotics
When you book an appointment at My FotDr, your podiatrist will provide a musculoskeletal assessment including a video walking assessment. In addition, we take a 3D scan of your foot, that creates an exact likeness of your foot in its corrected position. The computer measures the 3D scan to an accuracy of 0.1 mm. If any software adjustments are necessary, such as adding a heel raise for a short leg, your highly skilled podiatrist will display this on a high definition computer monitor so you can see your orthotic prescription before they are manufactured. The scans are then sent to our laboratory where your orthotics are completed.
- No messy plaster casts required
- Precision foot scans are stored on our on-site computer system for future reference or to fit additional pairs at a significantly reduced cost.
- Soft full length foot orthotics or 3D printed hard plastic half-length orthotics are available.
- Soft leather or padded covers available.
- Our orthotics fit any shoe type from athletic to dress shoes to football or works boots – even ballet slippers.
- Same day (one hour) turn-around time if you require orthotics “on the run”, available at many of our clinics.
- Our orthotics require little or no wearing-in period so you can feel the benefits of our soft orthotics immediately.
Available at the following clinics
- Brisbane CBD
- Camp Hill
- Christies Beach
- Fortitude Valley
- Hope Island
- McLaren Vale
- North Lakes
- Podiatry Centre Listing
- Redland Bay
- Shailer Park
- Townsville CBD
- Tweed Heads
- Wembley Downs
- West Perth