The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a national framework designed to support people living with disability and their families by ensuring they have access to the services they require. My FootDr is a proud supporter of the NDIS and are an innovative, nationally registered provider of podiatry services to NDIS participants across Australia.
We are committed to providing exceptional, client-centred, outcome-focused therapy to people with disabilities and we will work with you to strengthen your capacity and achieve your goals.
Our NDIS Registration Groups
- Custom Prosthetics – Assistive Technology
- Therapeutic Supports – Improved Daily Living Skills
To help provide a complete one-stop-shop service, we work closely alongside our affiliated allied health clinics in:
- Occupational Therapy
- Hand Therapy
- Orthotics & Prosthetics
- Pedorthics (custom made and medical grade footwear)
How can we help people with disabilities?
To relieve discomfort and prevent pressure areas developing as well as trimming nails for those unable to reach or see their feet, we can provide general podiatry care.
Custom foot orthotics assist foot deformities, improve alignment and posture, relieve plantar fasciitis, bunions, ball of foot pain, arthritis and other foot disorders or to offload pressure from bony prominences.
We can measure and order medical-grade compression stock and recovery socks for leg swelling and tiredness.
In addition, we offer surgical evaluation, advice and recommendations for warts and ingrown toenails.
Types of Foot & Lower Limb Orthotics
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- CAM Walkers (Moon Boots)
- UCBL Orthotics
- Supramalleolar Orthotics (SMOs)
- Ankle Foot Orthotics (AFOs)
- Knee Braces / Orthotics
- CROW (Charcot Restraint Orthotic Walkers)
Types of Medical Grade Footwear
- Depth Comfort Footwear
- Modified Depth Footwear
- Custom-Made Footwear
- Footwear Modifications (rockersoles, patches, wedges, heel raises, lacing and velcro)
What to bring to the appointment?
- NDIS number
- NDIS plan and start date
- Your contact details
- Name and contact details of the person providing Coordination of Supports (if you have one)
- A copy of the relevant part of your plan (if you would like assistance)
- Contact the clinic for a copy of the Service Agreement to read
My FootDr has partnered with Allsports Physiotherapy & Sports Medicine to provide the following assessments and services.
- Pain management
- Walking rehabilitation
- Balance training
- Falls prevention
- Weight loss based exercises
- Strength and conditioning
- Education and advice about your condition, recovery, strengths and limitations
- Equipment prescription
- Gentle reconditioning
- Mobility assessments
- Referral to other health professionals where required
We are also partnered with Extend Rehabilitation, a specialised hand therapy group, who assess and work with the following conditions.
- Injuries to the hand, wrist, elbow, shoulder and neck
- General upper limb musculoskeletal physiotherapy
- Nerve conditions
- Dislocations and fractures
- All soft tissue, ligament and tendon injuries of the upper limb
Third Party Funds
If you are not available to receive disability services through the NDIS, we can facilitate funding through other third parties including;
- Private Health Insurance
- Funding for Indigenous Foot Care
- DVA – Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- MASS (QLD)
- Enable (NSW)
- Aids and Equipment Program (VIC)
- ACT Equipment Scheme (ACT)
- Community Equipment Scheme / TasEquip (Tas)
- Community Aids and Equipment Program / CAEP (WA)
- Territory Independence and Mobility Equipment Scheme (NT)
- The Wyatt Benevolent Institution (SA)
- Louisa DaCosta Trust (SA)
- Better Start
- Traffic Accident Commission / TAC (VIC)
- SWEP (VIC)
- Cerebral Palsy League
Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services
At My FootDr, we follow the Clinical Framework for the Delivery of Health Services. This framework is summarised below:
- Measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of treatment.
- Adopt a biopsychosocial approach.
- Communicate with patients openly and honestly.
- Empower the NDIS participant to help manage their disability.
- Implement goals focused on optimising function, participation and return to work if possible.
- Base treatment on the best available research.